In summer as well as winter easily accessible by public transport and car!
Kiental valley and its village is easy and quickly to reach from Spiez city. Many of our guests are surprised how quickly you get to us. Kiental is located in the Swiss Alps at the foot of the imposing Blüemlisalp massif in the Berne Oberland area. A few kilometers away are the mountain Niesen (the pyramid of Switzerland) and the historic town of Thun.
Arriving by public transportation
- You will reach Reichenbach im Kandertal easily by direct train from Bern (40 minutes). In Reichenbach im Kandertal you take the bus and in 13 minutes you arrive at the stop «Kiental, Dorf». The Kientalerhof is directly next to the bus stop.
- Online public transportation schedules: SBB | DB | ÖBB | TRENITALIA.
- There is also good connection to the airports Zurich, Basel, Geneva and Bern-Belp.
Arriving by car
- From Bern, Geneva, Basel, Zurich or Luzern you take the highway A6 / A8 to Spiez
- From Spiez 20 minutes to Kiental (taking highway exit Spiez / Kandersteg)
- Coming from the direction of Spiez: when you reach Reichenbach drive until you have the train station on your right side and turn left towards Kiental